September 26, 2010

Youngest tries to be like the eldest...

After seeing all of Em's pretty fondant cakes, I thought I would give it a shot for Jacob's birthday cake. Then I remembered that I am really awful at cake-decorating and don't have any of the proper tools. I made Jacob's little sister come help me, because I was stressed out about finishing it in time. Here's what we ended up with:


We were supposed to put orange flames over the purple ones, but we were over it by then.
I realize that it looks pretty crappy, but I'm sorta proud of myself since we had no idea what we were doing. I don't know if this is something I'll be sticking with, because it made a huge mess and took a lot of work, but it was fun to try.
Natalli

4 comments:

Em said...

I like it! It takes forever, huh?

Rhonda said...

doesn't look crappy at ALL! It's awesome! Precisely how long does it take though? I'm wondering if I would have the patience!

Lari said...

How can you say it looks crappy? It is beautiful and perfect JUST LIKE YOU

Shums said...

It looks fab, but what did it TASTE like? Fondant makes me nervous.