October 11, 2010

Triple Chocolate Cake

My mom loves Mary Engelbreit stuff like this:
 So I decided to make her a cake like this:
 I love to decorate cakes, but I usually don't love eating them.  However, this is the best chocolate cake you'll ever taste!  I won't pretend it's good for you in any way, because it's completely evil, but soooooo yummy and moist! I made the Mary Engelbreit-esque flowers from marshmallow fondant and arranged them once the cake was cool. Here is the recipe (given to me by a friend):

Triple Chocolate Cake
Cake Batter:
1 box Devil's Food Cake mix (just powder)
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix (just powder)
4 eggs
1 cup mayonaise
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup water
12oz. package of mini chocolate chips

Mix all together (stir chocolate chips in at the end)
Bake at 350 for 50-55 min. in a greased bundt pan.
Let cool, then turn over onto a cake stand.


Topping:
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup chocolate chips
 (I've done it with milk chocolate and dark chocolate- it just depends on the flavor you're going for)
Boil cream, turn off heat and stir in chocolate chips.  Pour over cake and refrigerate.  Serve cold.


-EmmaLee

2 comments:

s.s. bazodi said...

It was really good. I already ate all the flowers off of it.

Karen & Ben said...

Ummmm....yummy!!!