January 11, 2011

Get Yo Frittata On


Sometimes I get sick of having meat in every meal so I try to find yummy vegetarian meals. We had this Asparagus, Ricotta, and Herb Frittata last night and really liked it.

You will need:
1 lb fresh asparagus
12 medium eggs
2 small cloves garlic, crushed
4 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs, including: basil, chives, and parsley (I just used dried herbs, but I'm sure fresh is better)
salt and pepper
4 tbsp butter
1/2 cup ricotta
squeeze of lemon juice
olive oil or truffle oil
Parmesan


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Place asparagus in a grill pan (I just used a frying pan) and grill for ten minutes or until charred and tender, turning once. Keep warm.

3. Meanwhile whisk together the eggs, garlic, herbs, and seasoning. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a frying pan until it starts to foam, then immediately pour in a quarter of the egg mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, until almost set.

4. Transfer frittata to a baking sheet and put it in the oven to finish cooking (3-4 minutes). Keep warm while you make the 3 remaining frittatas, adding more butter to the pan when neccessary.

5. Arrange a quarter of the asparagus and a quarter of the ricotta over each frittata, squeeze lemon juice over top, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oil. Top with shavings of Parmesan.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shums said...

YUM! I get sick of meat everyday too. Especially the kind that has fat on it...

Em said...

I made this and it was soooo yummy! I love the ricotta on it! I also added a delicious spice from Penzey's. I'll make it again fo sure!