April 4, 2011

Wall Decor

Everything in the floral section of Hobby Lobby was 50% off, so I decided to make this little spray for my wall.  I spent a total of about $8 to make it. 
I started with these:

I layed the long stems opposite, like this:
trimmed them to the length I wanted with wire cutters,
then I cut some of the wired branches off the other piece...
and used it to wrap the two stems together, then added more of the curly branches.  The beauty of working with wire is that you can bend it to look however you want.


Then I cut off some of these ball-bunches, and just wrapped


them around with their wired stems until I had this:

I found these paper mache stars at Hob Lob (50cents for the smaller ones, $1 for the bigger one).
I painted them brown.
Then I lightly brushed them with some metallic paint, so they would look like metal.
I hot glued them to the center of the arrangement.
This is what I ended up with:



No comments: