February 22, 2013

Family Tree Wall- Three Generations

I've had this project in mind for a long time, and finally got around to finishing!  I framed wedding pictures of Ray and I, our parents, and our grandparents. For some I didn't have an actual wedding pic, so I just used  couple pictures close to the time they were married.   I got the frames and letter "H" at Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Home Goods.  They were all on sale, and they averaged about $6 each. I was going for a variety of colors and textures with the frames, but an overall cohesive look.  
The pictures were all printed in a sepia tone to pull them together. 


 Here is a before and after of the stairway.  I painted the hideous white railing, painted the wall a light yellow, and added the pictures.  I arranged them to follow the line of the stair rail, with my side of the family on one side of the "H", and Ray's side on the other. 
 I love that my kids can see their ancestors every time they go up and down the stairs!  

"Family faces are magic mirrors.  Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future."  ~Gail Lumet Buckley

No comments: